Re: [Tails-ux] Revamped greeter preview ISO available

Author: Alan
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Revamped greeter preview ISO available
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Please create a ticket as child of https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10828

> • In the welcome text, the second sentence could use a period at the end.

Please create a ticket (as above).

> • The ‘Help’ button, on hover, could have a dotted line border _on
> cover_ and _on click_, much like the ‘x’ button to close a dialog.

Please create a ticket (as above).

> • The ’Help’ button location could be reduced in quantity to one and
> moved to the bottom right corner, since they all currently link to the
> same documentation section; doesn’t need location context in this case.
> This can reduce confusion.

I think that the plan is to update documentation to have several pages,
so this is not an issue.

> • The icons could be updated to the most recent ones.

Please create a ticket (as above) linking to the icons that should be used.

> • The icons could display white _on hover/selected_, as the text does.

I don't think this is worth reimplementing GTK's theme, so I'd like to
drop it.

> • Horizontal dividers could be added to separate list items in each
> section.

Could or should? If the latter please create a ticket (as above).

> • ‘Text Language’ language setting is redundant in some cases (when the
> native and selected language are the same). Displaying only the
> secondary text (the selected language) could resolve this quite
> effectively. Without the parenthesis, though.
>
> • On the Text Language dropdown list,
>
> 1. the secondary language (in parenthesis) could be updated to the
> selected language, e.g., 'English (English)' updates to 'English
> (Inglés)' when 'Español (Spanish) is selected as the text language
> option. I am unfamiliar with the level of difficulty in doing this.

Me neither, please create a ticket (as above).

> 2. Otherwise, if we don’t make this change, is English always going to
> be the secondary language (in parenthesis)? Maybe we only display the
> one primary language.
>
> In either case:
>
> ‘English - Canada’
> instead of
> ‘English - Canada (English - Canada)’
>
> + When ‘Armenian’ is selected, the location text updates to the native
> glyphs, as the rest do, but is quite large. I am unsure if horizontal
> spacing adjustments can resolve this.

No, this is a font issue I think.

> • The Greeter language could be updated to reflect the language changes.

Planned, but not fully implemented yet.

> • The system language could be updated to reflect the language changes.

Planned too, but not fully implemented yet

> • The ‘Add Additional Setting’ list item secondary text (in parenthesis)
> could be white instead of gray.

Please create a ticket (as above).

> • ‘Administrative Account’ could use a dedicated dialog and dedicated
> popover.

I think I implemented our plans. If not, please elaborate with
wireframes in a dedicated child ticket.

> • ‘MAC Spoofing’ popover bottom padding could be increased, the text is
> quite close to the bottom edge of the popover.

Please create a ticket (as above).

> • ‘MAC Spoofing’ popover could open up instead of opening down.

I think we should let GTK decide...

> May these comments bring value (:

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers