Re: [Tails-l10n] Getting started with Tails localization in …

Author: Victor Rodríguez
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Getting started with Tails localization in Korean
Hi,

>I greatly appreciate your prompt response. The document you sent has
>been very helpful to me.

No worries, I'm glad that my answers have helped you resolve your
doubts.

>1. I would like to activate Korean on the Tails translation platform.
>Who has the authority to enable this?

I'm sorry but I can't help you with that, as I don't have the
permissions to activate the Korean translation. You'll have to wait for
someone with the necessary permissions to activate Korean translation
(it may take a few days).

>2. As there does not appear to be an existing Korean translation team,
>could you please advise me on whom I should contact to request
>reviewer permissions for Korean translations?

To request permission to be a reviewer of the Korean translation, you
only need to send an email through this mailing list (tails-l10n).
According to the website, an administrator will verify that a reasonable
amount of work was done before the request is accepted.[1] On the other
hand, keep in mind that reviewers are asked to not bypass the review
process for their own work, except perhaps to fix obvious and important
problems.

>3. I understand that translations of Tails custom programs are hosted
>on Hosted Weblate, which seems to be managed by a third party rather
>than the Tails project itself. How can I obtain reviewer permissions
>for Korean in this case?

Review permissions are required to translate the Tails website and
documentation. However, as you say, the translation process for
Tails-specific programs works differently, since in this case everyone
has permissions to save translations without needing a reviewer (as you
have already seen). Tails GUI translations will be applied to the next
Tails release.

To have more information about how the translation process of the
website works, you can take a look at the design documents posted on the
website.[2]

[1]: https://tails.net/contribute/how/translate/with_translation_platform/#index5h2
[2]: https://tails.net/contribute/design/translation_platform/#index2h1

--