Re: [Tails-l10n] Getting started with Tails localization in …

Autore: Victor Rodríguez
To: Tails localization discussion
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-l10n] Getting started with Tails localization in Korean
Dear Kyeongmin Kim,

>Before I begin, I wanted to inquire about any specific guidelines,
>style preferences, or terminology lists that I should be aware of
>regarding the localization process.

It seems to me that guidelines and style preferences are often decided
inside the translation team. That means that there isn't a common set of
guidelines for translating Tails into different languages, but each
translation team sets the guidelines when translating into a certain
language.

Some translation teams use GNOME's translation guidelines, so that may
be a good starting point.[1][2]

Also it might be good for you to read Tails glossary page as it may
contain useful information.[3]

>Additionally, I would like to know if there is a dedicated mailing
>list or communication channel for Korean translators. If such a
>platform exists, could you please provide me with the details?

According to the Tails website there isn't a translation team for
Korean, so I'm pretty sure there isn't a mailing list for Korean
translators.[4] You could take a look at the page on how to translate
Tails website into a new language.[5]

[1]: https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/ko/
[2]: https://wiki.gnome.org/KoreanTranslation
[3]: https://tails.net/contribute/glossary/