Re: [lime] August meeting minutes

Author: cri
To: libremesh
Subject: Re: [lime] August meeting minutes

On 26/08/22 18:32, bruno vianna via LibreMesh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We had a small but very productive meeting discussing mainly the use of
> Libremesh/LibrerouterOS in devices other than LibreRouter.
>
> https://pad.codigosur.org/LibreMesh_meetup_dic_2021
> <https://pad.codigosur.org/LibreMesh_meetup_dic_2021>
>
> Troian (and other people) has been compiling both systems for more
> current and cheap hardware from TP-Link.  Basically, LibrerouterOS has
> had great upgrades in LimeApp and its integration with
> Pirania (voucher/community portal), remote support and more. At the same
> time, the firmware is dimensioned for the LibreRouter hardware, which
> has much more resources and flash memory.
>
> Ideally, we could have:
> - An upgraded Libremesh which included the recent upgrades in the
> interface and functionality  but could be compiled for simpler hardware
> - Compilations of LibrerouterOS for capable hardware (even if it means
> excluding packages like GPIO)
> - Also, we miss Chef and the ability to easily create community builds
> and choose packages (like some people prefer to keep Luci for ease of
> maintenance)
>
> Much of this work has already been done by different folks in Brazil.The
> main task is now to document and share the process. I personally believe
> we should keep this information in the existing Libremesh.org and
> Librerouter.org websites. but it depends on what the current maintainers
> think. We could also  start a third place if it makes more sense.

hi!
I tried to build for a Litebeam M5 ubiquity and...

I used Librerouter source and our network profile

https://github.com/libremesh/network-profiles/tree/master/valsamoggia.ninux.org#generating-the-firmware-images

and looks working well. We are still in test and we not deployed on
production hardware for the moment.

Also because we would like use this feature:
https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/pull/883
to have configuration based on mac.

So now we moved forward! yhuuu

Thanks! because we use the legacy libremesh and there the version of the
App was quite old. Now we are finding a lot of news in that side!!

Maybe we can add some doc here?

https://gitlab.com/librerouter/librerouteros/-/tree/v1.5#why-i-would-want-to-build-the-firmware-from-source

Maybe just expanding the point 5 in the paragraph below?
adding info on how apply network-profiles.. ?

> Also, we propose the next meeting to be held in hybrid format (in
> person/online) during battlemesh.

I will be in Buttlemesh and I wouldlike convocate a meeting of people of
libremesh in person.. if there will be someone there..

here the link of the pad with the report

https://pad.codigosur.org/LibreMesh_meetup_dic_2021

The next meeting online will be in October.

hugs Cristina