[Gancio-list] Blobs / bolle terms

Autore: fadelkon
To: gancio-list
Oggetto: [Gancio-list] Blobs / bolle terms
Ciao a tutti!

I just registered to the list, so I apologize if you already commented
this. It's about the term "blob". I discussed it with another gancio
admin and it was confusing to us. I also just realized that in italian
it's translated as "bolle", that looks to translate to "bubble".

Some ideas for the term that arised:
- (tag/location) groups
- topic
- collection
- scopes (àmbits)
- some generic "partition" word: section, view, sets...

The problem is that depending on their use, these blobs can mean very
different things:
- groupings of places by neighboorhood
- type of event (demonstration, lunch, talk, ...)
- general topics (internationalism, ecology...)
- ...
- an on-demand chaotic mixture of them all :P

So, can you explain the reasoning of the current naming?
Would something like "collection" be more meaningful to you all?

Salut!
fdk