Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 4.22-RC1 Tor Connection dialog iss…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 4.22-RC1 Tor Connection dialog issues
alienpup:
> 1. Dialog size: The Connection dialog seems to me larger than necessary (lots of white space) compared to, for example, the Tails Greeter. It could be trimmed down and made less "in your face".

Agreed. I think that this is due in part to:

- The very different amount of content on the different screens. I'm not
sure how much we could do about this.

- The image on the left. During the 1st usability tests, it proved to be
useful as educational material but I didn't see this again in the
usability tests on software from August. I added this image early in
the design process because the window on paper looked quite empty but
I'm tempted to remove them now.

All this is low priority though.

> 2. Dialog persistance: The Connection dialog does not automatically close after the user selects one of the post-connection options ("Start Tor Browser", "View Tor Circuits", etc.). It remains open despite being of little/no use to the user.

Why not!

@FT: What do you think?

@FT: What about tracking this glitch on GitLab?

--