Re: [Tails-testers] probleme

Author: boyska
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] probleme
Hello samane,
thanks for your feedback!

samane alias:
>Since I have the new version (4.21rc) everything has been catastrophic!

You mean 4.22~rc1? or 4.21?
Were you using Tails in the past?

>-I don’t have proxy but I would like to

if you don't need a proxy, it's perfectly fine that you don't use it.
Proxies are sometimes needed when connecting from corporate networks,
or from universities. If your network doesn't need a proxy, you don't
need to set up a proxy.

>-I have tried with tor bridges,internet ist VERY SLOW,per site until
>loads 2minutes !!

yes, Tor bridges can be slow sometimes. My only suggestion is to try
another one and see if that works better.

Or, if you don't need a bridge, don't use a bridge.

>-I tried to go into the Tor without a bridge,nothing happens and the
> internet is just as slow as before!

So you are selecting "Connect to Tor automatically (easier)", it works,
but you think it is very slow. I have no suggestions on it, but some
slowdown is expected, due to how Tor works. You can find more info on
https://tails.boum.org/doc/anonymous_internet/tor/slow/index.en.html

If you feel that your connection is still *too* slow, or that it is slow
than it used to be, please tell us how much time you need to load
https:/tails.boum.org/ so that we can investigate this.

> Another question: how can I install socks5 on tails/ tor ?

Can you explain what you want to do, that would benefit from socks5?

--
boyska