Re: [Tails-dev] How to build tails for testing purposes?

Author: Hans
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] How to build tails for testing purposes?
Sadly this does not work. Although it is now building, my changes are ignored. So it does
install gnome again although it is commented out in tails-common-list, and it did not
install XFCE, which I put into this file.

Additionally the deb-package, I put below ~/chroot_local-packages/ is not going to be
installed (maybe, because XFCE is not installed, as
kali-undercover.deb needs got XFCE dependencies).

Before build, I started

export TAILS_BUILD_OPTIONS="ignorechanges"

but got no success. My changes are ignored. I also tried

export TAILS_BUILD_OPTIONS="ignorechanges nomergebasebranch rescue keeprunning"

but again got no success. Same result as before.

What do I do wrong? Is there anything I have to do, so that my downloaded gittree
accepts and recognizes my changes?

I do not understand, how the build is working. The doc says, it is using live-build from
debian, so it should work similar to it and look into the configuration files (also those, I
changed), but obviously, it is looking somewhere else.

Thanks for any help.

Best reagrds

Hans