Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 4.20 freezes

Author: intrigeri
To: Paweł Rogaliński, tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 4.20 freezes
Hi,

Paweł Rogaliński (2021-07-13):
> I upgraded from 4.19 to 4.20 and strange thing happens with memory
> management,

What lead you to the conclusion that this was related to
memory management?

> twice already When scrolling
> http://https://www.facebookwkhpilnemxj7asaniu7vnjjbiltxjqhye3mhbshg7kx5tfyd.onion
> (just scrolling main page down without clicking or opening any post
> etc., no other tab/window opened, no other program in the background
> etc.) after several scrolls Tails freezes, mouse is moving but
> everything else is frozen, USB stick blinks and that's it - you have
> to switch off PC laptop with power button and after restart it
> happens again. Was no issue till 4.20.

Ouch. I understand one needs to log into Facebook to reproduce this
(without logging in, there's no contents to scroll down to on that
page).

At first glance I would suspect a Tor Browser vs. graphics drivers
problem, rather than lack of memory.

Unfortunately there's little we can do without more info.

What happens if you unplug the Tails USB stick after this
problem happened?

> BTW - no Polish translation etc.anymore?

Indeed, apparently on Transifex not a single string relevant in
current Tails has been translated _and_ reviewed. Help is welcome:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/with_Transifex/