Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our blueprints to a GitLab…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] [announcement] Blueprints migration on 2021-01-14 (#18079) [Was: Proposal: migrate our blueprints to a GitLab wiki]
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our blueprints to a GitLab wiki (#18079)
Hi,

- Thanks to ignifugo's input we now know more about the non-wiki Git
repository hosted on GitLab option.

It's clearly a better option than how I initially presented it: some
of the missing features I see as blockers are actually available.

The lack of an easy way to attach files is now the only major
problem. Note that this option also has a few other significant
downsides, that I don't think are blockers in isolation, but it all
adds up.

- No blocking objection was raised for the GitLab wiki proposal.

The main drawback is the navigation system. It's not clear to which
extent this drawback will apply to our actual use cases yet, but we
should keep this in mind and pay attention to it.

So, today I'll start planning & implementing the migration to a GitLab
wiki. At some point I'll have to make our blueprints read-only.
I'll share timing info once the migration steps are clearer to me.

If I discover major problems with the chosen option during the
migration process, e.g. regarding the navigation system, then I'll
stop the migration and will come back here.

Thanks to everyone who contributed input in this thread! :)

Cheers!