Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our blueprints to a GitLab…

Author: ignifugo
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our blueprints to a GitLab wiki (#18079)

On 03/01/21 20:27, Zen Fu wrote:
> Hi!
>
> intrigeri <intrigeri@???> writes:
>> I've compared these 3 options on
>> https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/18079
> Thanks for the historic view and to all involved for the research.

yes, thanks for share the process about Why and the comparison
>> - non-wiki Git repository hosted on GitLab:
>>
>>    - Lacks an easy way to attach files; this is one major use case for
>>      our blueprints
>>    - Lacks an easy way to create or rename a page

I added the description in the table in the issue.

You need be in a directory, there is the + button to upload file and new
page.

browse in the page, with the blue button edit, you can rename the page
that you created.

>> So, my questions to you today are:
>>
>> - Do you agree that these are deal breakers?

I'm not agree, but sure you have my consent for the migration.

I think that also the gitlab markdown repo, not has an excellent navigation.

And this could be a deal breaker for me.

>> - Is there a deal breaker that I missed for the "GitLab wiki" option?
> Not that I see.

I added a comment in the page issue page about usability of the
navigation of gitlab wiki.

https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/18079#note_163274

but is only to inform you/us, I don't want that we change strategy. only
that recognize that could be exist this problem.

I have not solution for this now, only using gitlab. So every other
strategy is... too long!

hugs ignifugo