[Tails-dev] [brainstorm] What are our public XMPP chat rooms…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] [brainstorm] What are our public XMPP chat rooms useful for? (#17956)
Hi,

Scope: "tails-dev" and "tails" public XMPP chat rooms.

The server we currently use for our public XMPP chat rooms will stop
operations later this year.

First, I would like to better understand what these public chat rooms
are currently useful for, for our project and its contributors.
This will help decide whether we keep public chat rooms at all.
And if we do, it'll tell us what we expect from such a service.

So, my question is:

What would we lose if we did not have any public chat room?

In other words:

What new problems would we face if we did not have any public
chat room?

Please share your input by January 17, after which I'll compile the
answers publicly.

Then, if it seems useful, I'll do a survey to better understand how
important the benefits identified in this first round are to us as
a group.

Cheers!