Re: [Tails-l10n] Reviewer for danish team

Author: drebs
To: scootergrisen, Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Reviewer for danish team
Hi, scootergrisen.

scootergrisen <scootergrisen@???> writes:
> I wanted to get danish translation included in Tails the smart way but
> seems that wont happen the way i want.
>
> Seems i have to review 1 or some strings on Transifex on order to get
> danish translation into Transifex but the instructions are not clear.
>
> I got link to
> https://lists.autistici.org/message/20190930.102822.4d8117c9.en.html
> that says:
> Please focus on the "tails-misc" component first.

I believe the he was referring to:

    https://www.transifex.com/otf/torproject/tails-misc/

> The stuff on Transifex seems to be called ressources and i see 0 if i
> search for "tails-misc" but 4-5 if i search for "tails misc". So its not
> clear information.

That is also documented in:

    https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/with_Transifex/

> And its not clear what i need to review in order to get all danish
> translation included. Do i just need to review 1 string in "Tails Misc -
> tails.pot" and everything will be included?

The doc says only reviewed translations are included in Tails. IIUC, to
get all translation includes, all have to be reviewed.

> I wanted to try and review 1 string but i can't because im not a
> reviewer on the danish team. There are no reviewer.
> So can someone make me a reviewer on the danish team?

Can you please double check if you are already a reviewer? When you are
inside a component with unreviewed strings, you should see be able to
click in "N Unreviewed" in the top of the left pane, and then you should
see a blue "Review" button if you are already a reviewer.

> I still hope you can find a better way to included translations but if
> not then please write some better instruction on exactly when need to be
> done to get a language included and write it on
> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/
> Something like "your translations will not be included until ..." and
> then write what needs to happen and how to get there. How to become a
> reviewer etc. What strings needs to be reviewed, do all strings need to
> be reviewed etc.
> Maybe have a list...
> These languages are included in Tails:
> These languages have translations but are not included in Tails:

I will relay that info to tails-translations@??? and see if they
can help with explaining that and improving doc.