Re: [Tails-project] Call for feedback: *test* migration to G…

Author: nodens
To: tails-project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Call for feedback: *test* migration to GitLab
On 14/04/2020 15:48, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have completed a *test* migration to GitLab:
>
>     https://gitlab.tails.boum.org

> Please play with that GitLab instance and give us feedback.

Great! Thanks :)
> One question for you
> ====================
>
> We have added you as a "participant" to every GitLab issue that you were
> watching on Redmine.
>
> On Redmine, there was a way to get a list of the issues you were watching.
> At the moment, there's no equivalent feature on our GitLab.
> Does this break your workflow?
>
> If it does, this could go on the list of things we'll try to fix.

Actually, it does, a bit. My contributions are far & between, so I rely
on the "watch" list to remember what I wanted to have an eye on, when I
have the time or am in the mood for some Tails stuff.

It's not the end of the world, if I get notified of changes on any issue
I was watching. But it's gonna be impractical to find those unless I
actually remember them - and even then, I'll need to remember some
specific keywords to search for them.

That said, please don't invest too much time or effort on this. I can
live without it (but I'm a bit surprised gitlab doesn't have that feature…).

On a public gitlab instance, I'd look at my activity, but of course here
the actions are in the order of migration, not the actual chronological
order ;)

Cheers and thanks again for you work on this, it will be a big
improvement appart the watch list thing, which isn't too important. :)

--
nodens