Re: [Tails-project] Call for feedback: *test* migration to G…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev, Clément Hermann
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Call for feedback: *test* migration to GitLab
Hi,

[moving back the discussion to tails-dev@, and this time, setting
Reply-To via technical means and not merely via a social request.]

nodens (2020-04-16):
>> We have added you as a "participant" to every GitLab issue that you were
>> watching on Redmine.
>>
>> On Redmine, there was a way to get a list of the issues you were watching.
>> At the moment, there's no equivalent feature on our GitLab.
>> Does this break your workflow?
>>
>> If it does, this could go on the list of things we'll try to fix.
>
> Actually, it does, a bit. My contributions are far & between, so I rely
> on the "watch" list to remember what I wanted to have an eye on, when I
> have the time or am in the mood for some Tails stuff.

Thank you, this is useful.

> It's not the end of the world, if I get notified of changes on any issue
> I was watching. But it's gonna be impractical to find those unless I
> actually remember them - and even then, I'll need to remember some
> specific keywords to search for them.

I understand this would fix the problem for issues you were already
watching on Redmine: on every issue you were watching, as part of the
migration process, we add a :star: reaction in your name. Then, you
can list those issues with the "My-reaction = :star:" filter (the UI
actually display nice emojis).

But you'll still have to manually track, somehow, the issues you'll
start participating in on GitLab; you could use the same trick, or use
your activity view.

Do you confirm this would solve the problem you've reported?

> That said, please don't invest too much time or effort on this. I can
> live without it

Understood. I'll make this clear to the developers.

Cheers!