Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-project] Call for feedback: *test* mi…

Author: geb
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-project] Call for feedback: *test* migration to GitLab
Hello,

emma peel:
> intrigeri:
>>
>> To test our upcoming GitLab workflow:
>>
>> 1. Activate your GitLab user account
>>
>>    Follow the "Activate your GitLab user account" section in
>>    https://salsa.debian.org/tails-team/tails/-/blob/feature/15878-gitlab/wiki/src/contribute/working_together/GitLab/transition.mdwn#L8

> I followed this instructions, but then I got a bit stuck because the system asked me for a confirmation email and didnt show me where to ask it, after following those steps.
> Finally I saw the 'resent confirmation email' link (this was after I activated my account and decided on a new password) and got a second link to click on, and now I am a confirmed email user.

I had the same issue: I did reset my password, then I had to ask for a
confirmation email. I did not expect this as the password reset
procedure had in my opinion also confirmed my mail.

For me that's a detail : I am not sure it may worth to make it work
without this second step (maybe mention it quickly in the doc?), just
wanted to confirm Emma's report.

(In redmine, I changed the mail associated in my account a couple of
time over the years... maybe that's why I had to confirm it ?)

geb