Re: [Tails-testers] 4.0 2

Author: intrigeri
To: darkones, Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] 4.0 2
Hi,

Name Encrypted for Spam Mailers & Hackers via Tails-testers:
> Hi -
> I see this issue mentioned for other models but not mine specifically. So here goes.

> I have used Dell Latitude Laptops 5580 and earlier E5570 for the past 3 years.

> In order to start Tails from a USB I have always needed to add the following on the splash screen: "nouveau.modeset=0"
> With this additional command Tails would start up.
> However, I have not been able to get 4.0 to start using this same command. Also tried =1 at the end and booting up without any additional command. But the results are always the same.

> See attached photos of the error screen which the program freezes on.

The nouveau.modeset option is meant to workaround a problem with
graphics drivers. The kernel panic I see on these pictures can very
well be unrelated to graphics drivers, so it's probably worth
broadening the scope of your debugging.

So, to start with: what happens if you choose "Troubleshooting mode"
in the boot menu?