Re: [Tails-dev] download and boot tails iso

Author: intrigeri
To: linux-service, tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] download and boot tails iso
Hi,

linux-service:
> This gives me a verified iso:

Sure.

Some drawbacks include:

- The "3.16" bits have to come from somewhere that can be trusted.

- Depending on the environment this script is run in, you may be
trusting only our current signing key, or our current signing key
and older ones, or any key in the user's keyring.

- Any ISO image that got signed by one of the aforementioned keys
will pass this verification. So the mirror you're using could send
users an old ISO and the script would still be happy. It has
happened in the past that our Upgrader was broken in a Tails
release, so this may lead to users running a dangerously obsolete
Tails without noticing.

So yeah, automated installers and upgraders are a hard problem :/