Re: [Tails-testers] Opinion about Tails 4.0beta1

Author: Teqleez Motley
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Opinion about Tails 4.0beta1
> The fact that you don't find the "Favorites" useful doesn't mean that
> it's not useful for other users. In this case, the goal of the
> "Favorites" menu is to provide shortcuts to the applications that we
> believe are the most frequently used in Tails. A discoverability issue
> mostly useful to new users, though arguably unnecessary to frequent and
> more tech-savvy users.

Tails now comes with the possibility to add SW across reboots. The fact that I cannot affect which are indeed my "favourites" means that the name suggests a feature that is not present. From that perspective, i find that menu "unnecassary".

However, if you rename it into "Main" or "Start" or the like, then your point begins to make sense. But it is not "favourites", as that implies the ability to customise it to indeed include one's own actual favourites.