Re: [Tails-testers] problems with the browsers of versions 3…

Author: anonym
To: Mohsen Sayrafy-Nejad via Tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] problems with the browsers of versions 3.15. and 3.14
Mohsen Sayrafy-Nejad via Tails-testers:
> Hello ,
> I have been using Tails OS for several years. I use the "toram" method to copy the Tails operating system to the computer's memory(RAM). Then I can disconnect the USB stick from the computer and use the operating system Tails.
> I use version 3.0.1 of Tails almost without problems.
>
> I have problems with the browsers of versions 3.15. and 3.14. In version 3.14, the Internet does not work with both browsers (Tor Browser and Unsafe-Browser). With regard to version 3.15, almost the Internet works with the Unsafe-Browser, but not with the Tor-Browser.

I'm curious about how you installed and upgraded that USB installation. Please let us know!

I have a theory that the problem you are facing with "toram" is related to having upgraded the installation using automatic upgrades (also called incremental upgrades), i.e. the "easy" type of upgrade that Tails downloads and applies for you.

If I am correct, then your problem should be fixed if you manually upgrade your USB installation following these instructions: https://tails.boum.org/upgrade/

Cheers!