Re: [Tails-l10n] Call for testing: Tails translation platfor…

Author: Sandro Knauß
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Call for testing: Tails translation platform
Hey,

> One thing I've noticed happening very often which is a bit annoying is a
> warning message that says "This translation is currently locked for
> updates.". As it says, it locks the component for a few minutes in which
> I can't do anything, and then it gives back control. I would categorize
> it as a technical problem but I'm not sure why it happens.

Thanks for reporting this. The reason for the locking is, that the scripts,
that push back the changes from Weblate to canonical repositories, need a
consistent base to operate on, that's why the lock the components as long as
they run. We may have a look what we can do to make this timeframe as short as
possible.

hefee