[Tails-testers] Call for testing: experimental Tails based o…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: experimental Tails based on Buster
Hi,

it's now a very good time to give a first try at the work-in-progress
experimental images of Tails based on Debian 10 (Buster). We need
your feedback!

Note: these images are not supported, won't get any security updates,
and may be broken in many ways.

Below, I'll explain how to get one such image, what kind of test
results we're particularly interested in, and how to report them.

1. Download the USB image (.img file) from:

     https://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-buster/lastSuccessful/archive/build-artifacts/

2. Install this USB image to a fresh USB stick using Etcher (Windows,
macOS) or GNOME Disks.

3. Start Tails from this USB stick.

4. Test on as many computers as you can

We're particularly interested in:

    - Hardware support regressions, in particular on computers with
      an Intel graphics card whose identifier is listed in
      https://salsa.debian.org/tails-team/tails/raw/master/config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/live/config/xserver-xorg/intel.ids

      For example, we're looking for test results on a ThinkPad X201.

    - If you can get access to a Thunderbolt device, plug it into the
      computer running this experimental version of Tails, and this
      Thunderbolt device should work as expected after you've
      authorized usage.

      The observed behaviour should look like what's described on:
      https://christian.kellner.me/2018/04/23/the-state-of-thunderbolt-3-in-fedora-28/
      https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ThunderboltEnablement

    - Any other regression compared to Tails 3.14

5. Report back success or failure to tails-testers@???

Include in your report:

    - the full filename of the image you've tested

    - the brand and model name of the computers you've tested

    - description of the expected behavior vs. actually observed
      behavior

    - any improvement you've noticed compared to Tails 3.14 :)