Re: [Tails-dev] Kloak and Keyboard Biometrics

Author: intrigeri
To: Justin McAfee, tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Kloak and Keyboard Biometrics
Hi Justin,

Justin McAfee:
> Regardless, I have been reading white papers on styleography and keystroke
> biometrics and have found a fairly elegant solution from vmonaco's github
> page.

> Would like to propose that we include the "kloak" program as a feature in
> the next Tails release. This software assists in combating keystoke
> biometrics by inserting brief (100-200ms) delays between keystrokes, faking
> out matching algorithms.

Thank you for this suggestion. This project¹ seems pretty serious and
points to actual research (that I didn't read yet). That's confidence
inspiring. We'll need to discuss about the usability trade-off though.
May you please get back to us once this project is not marked as
experimental anymore and the most severe issues (e.g. #12²) are fixed?

[1] https://github.com/vmonaco/kloak
[2] https://github.com/vmonaco/kloak/issues/12