[Tails-dev] Kloak and Keyboard Biometrics

Author: Justin McAfee
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Kloak and Keyboard Biometrics
Morning All,

A brief introduction, I am a jack of all trades IT guy who has a passion
for encryption and privacy. I am quite bad at both however.

Regardless, I have been reading white papers on styleography and keystroke
biometrics and have found a fairly elegant solution from vmonaco's github
page.

Would like to propose that we include the "kloak" program as a feature in
the next Tails release. This software assists in combating keystoke
biometrics by inserting brief (100-200ms) delays between keystrokes, faking
out matching algorithms.

Though we have no proof of nation-state use of this tech yet, there is no
reason to believe that something available in the commercial realm
(Keytrack) isn't also being used surreptitiously.

I hope this finds everyone well,

- Justin