Re: [Tails-testers] TAILS 3.13.1 and previous versions fail …

Author: ctop1@netzero.net
To: u
CC: tails-support-private, tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] TAILS 3.13.1 and previous versions fail to boot Dell Latitude E5250
This sounds like the "second boot failure bug".
See https://tails.boum.org/news/version_3.13.1/index.en.html#index2h1
for more information.

I thought it was second boot failure bug but it is not

I could always use the first USB stick repeatedly, it is when I tried to setup the second disk when I was using tails 3.11 but the native built USB stick would never boot with this DELL E5250
I tried a developer's image with same problem. The second USB stick always worked with my other computers.
Then 3.13.1 was released, and didn't need two USB sticks, just like the developer version I had downloaded earlier, but NO CHANGE
It would be helpful for us if you could test the procedure described in:
https://lists.autistici.org/message/20190306.160900.47a129bc.en.html
and report back to the list.

I will look over the procedure and try it and report back

Note that you do not have to create a second stick anymore, when using
the Tails USB images, see https://tails.boum.org/install/

I did know and am aware that TAILS was moving away from the the two USB stick build

Did you download an ISO or an IMG to create the stick in this case?

I downloaded the .img and used Etcher to build the new 3.13.1 version that only needs one USB stick
this works on my other computers,
It fails on the DELL Latitude E5250.

I tried disabling secure boot
changed to legacy boot instead of UEFI

made no difference.

However, the disk works fine on other hardware