Author: segfault Date: To: tails-testers, ctop1 Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] TAILS 3.13.1 and previous versions fail to boot
De ll Latitude E5250
ctop1@???: > This sounds like the "second boot failure bug".
> See https://tails.boum.org/news/version_3.13.1/index.en.html#index2h1 > for more information.
> I thought it was second boot failure bug but it is not
> I could always use the first USB stick repeatedly, it is when I tried to setup the second disk when I was using tails 3.11 but the native built USB stick would never boot with this DELL E5250
> I tried a developer's image with same problem. The second USB stick always worked with my other computers.
> Then 3.13.1 was released, and didn't need two USB sticks, just like the developer version I had downloaded earlier, but NO CHANGE
I would like to try to reproduce the issue you reported. To clarify, did
I understand correctly that these two cases describe what you tried:
1. You created a Tails USB stick using the ISO
2. This Tails stick works fine on the Dell laptop and other hardware
3. You booted the Tails USB stick and used the Tails Installer to clone
Tails to another USB stick
4. This new Tails stick doesn't boot on the Dell laptop, but boots on
other hardware, even on second and subsequent boots
case USB Image:
1. You created a Tails USB stick using Etcher with the .img file
2. This Tails stick doesn't boot on the Dell laptop, but boots on other
hardware, even on second and subsequent boots
Is this correct?
This message was posted to the following mailing lists: