Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: new set of fonts for …

Author: kurtis
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: new set of fonts for non-Latin scripts (#15807, #9956)
Hello,

intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> we would like to replace all locale-specific fonts with the Noto fonts
> collection, so we get better character coverage, smaller downloads and
> upgrades, and less work to maintain lists of fonts to install (which
> we've never managed to be good at yet).

Speaking of Noto fonts collection and better character coverage, I've
been advocating for Tor Browser and/or Tails to add support for Noto
Emoji (either notoEmoji-Regular.ttf or NotoColorEmoji) for a while now
but I haven't gotten anywhere with my efforts.

Here's the relevant tickets:
https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/issues/12154

Sorry if this is off topic for the thread.

Cordially,
Kurtis