Re: [Tails-testers] wi-fi adapter

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] wi-fi adapter
Ron HulduNet - GM:
> sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:
>> Last year when I looked for *any* Wi-Fi adapter that was easily
>> available and worked fine on Tails it happened to be much harder than I
>> expected. From the first approximately 10 I bought, none worked.
>
> Do you have any info on what brand, model and revision you tried?

Yes! The ones that I have but don't work are listed on this page:

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/wi-fi_adapters/

(You have to scroll a bit to see the table...)

>> Since then we were more lucky and we now have on the website a solid
>> list of adapters that work fine, are super small, and easily available
>> online.
>
> I've been looking on tails-boum-org for listing over cards known to be
> working, but I haven't found it. Can you link to it?

Oops, sorry about that! I thought you got in touch with us after seeing
the list. It's here:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/anonymous_internet/networkmanager/#wi-fi-adapters

>> But we're still lacking good adapters that can be bought offline in
>> brick-and-mortar stores. The brands I see the most offline are TP-Link,
>> D-Link, and Linksys.
>
> Yes, and many different models by both TP_Link, D-Link and LinkSys
> works fine, while other models does either not work "out of the box"
> and require some extra steps, while some others do not work at all.

Then I'd be very interested in learning about models of TP-Link, D-Link,
and Linksys that work out-of-the-box.

--
sajolida