Re: [Tails-testers] wi-fi adapter

Author: Ron HulduNet - GM
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] wi-fi adapter
On 2/12/19, sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:

<...>

>> https://wikidevi.com/ has a -lot- of good info.
>
> Hi Ron!
>
> Last year when I looked for *any* Wi-Fi adapter that was easily
> available and worked fine on Tails it happened to be much harder than I
> expected. From the first approximately 10 I bought, none worked.

Do you have any info on what brand, model and revision you tried?

> Since then we were more lucky and we now have on the website a solid
> list of adapters that work fine, are super small, and easily available
> online.

I've been looking on tails-boum-org for listing over cards known to be
working, but I haven't found it. Can you link to it?

> But we're still lacking good adapters that can be bought offline in
> brick-and-mortar stores. The brands I see the most offline are TP-Link,
> D-Link, and Linksys.

Yes, and many different models by both TP_Link, D-Link and LinkSys
works fine, while other models does either not work "out of the box"
and require some extra steps, while some others do not work at all.

--
... faranno dei cimiteri le loro cattedrali e delle citta le vostre tombe.
"Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes."