Re: [Tails-testers] simplified installation method test

Author: intrigeri
To: Chre, tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] simplified installation method test
Hi Chre & all,

Chre:
> I'm trying new simplified installation method, according this post
> https://tails.boum.org/news/test_usb_images

Thanks!

Please also consider testing this one:
https://lists.autistici.org/message/20190126.114049.1c19363a.en.html

> With Disks on Debian 9.7, wired connexion, assembly desktop PC, with
> following new USB Stick:
>> Bus 003 Device 006: ID 13fe:4300 Kingston Technology Company Inc.
> It is ok, without or with persistent stockage.
> Same USB stik run also on notebook HP Probook 430 G3, with wireless
> ethernet connexion.

Can you please confirm that these USB sticks boot successfully *more
than once*?

> For these two tests, troubles with "additionnal softwares" when creating
> first files index, I have this error message:

> "Fail downloading all index files", "Hots unreachable",
> "tor+http://sdscoq7snqtznauu.onion/torproject.org/dists/stretch/InRelease"

> But I can install new software, for example VLC. I think it is an other
> trouble.

Yes, that's probably a temporary Tor or network issue.

> Another remark, with this .img file, 16GB usb stik have 8.6GB for Tails
> and only 6.9GB for persistent volume.

This matches the default size used by Tails Installer since Tails 3.2.
The goal was to avoid the need to go through the painful manual
upgrade process too often.

> On my another USB stick with Tails 3.11, I have only 2.6GB for Tails,
> and then, 13GB for my persistent volume.

This matches the default size of the partition created before Tails 3.2.

> Thanks for your job!

Thanks for testing!