[Tails-testers] simplified installation method test

Author: Chre
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] simplified installation method test
Hi all,

I'm trying new simplified installation method, according this post

https://tails.boum.org/news/test_usb_images

With Disks on Debian 9.7, wired connexion, assembly desktop PC, with
following new USB Stick:

> Bus 003 Device 006: ID 13fe:4300 Kingston Technology Company Inc.

It is ok, without or with persistent stockage.

Same USB stik run also on notebook HP Probook 430 G3, with wireless
ethernet connexion.

For these two tests, troubles with "additionnal softwares" when creating
first files index, I have this error message:

"Fail downloading all index files", "Hots unreachable",
"tor+http://sdscoq7snqtznauu.onion/torproject.org/dists/stretch/InRelease"

But I can install new software, for example VLC. I think it is an other
trouble.

Another remark, with this .img file, 16GB usb stik have 8.6GB for Tails
and only 6.9GB for persistent volume.

On my another USB stick with Tails 3.11, I have only 2.6GB for Tails,
and then, 13GB for my persistent volume.

It is a big difference I think, and maybe source of issues for migrating
3.11 to 3.12?

Thanks for your job!

Chre