Re: [Tails-testers] testing tails USB image creator

Author: intrigeri
To: gy7v49+1n20d401lhebsbw23k, Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] testing tails USB image creator
Hi,

gy7v49+1n20d401lhebsbw23k--- via Tails-testers:
> Etcher failed. See screenshot. The process completed but it failed
> the hash check.

Thanks for reporting.
This looks like a hardware problem to me :/

May you please retry with another USB stick?
Thanks in advance!

> The end result of Etcher was a drive with a single 1.1gb SYSTEM
> partition. I had to diskpart DELETE PARTITION OVERRIDE to reclaim
> the space and enable Windows to see the drive as formattable again.

This part is expected.

> Win 10 1803, Acer Aspire laptop, samsung brand flash drive (use this
> model flash all the time never any issues).

Our installation process exercises hardware a bit more heavily
than most casual usage of a USB stick, so it might be that
a hardware problem was not obvious before.