Re: [Tails-testers] Tails Instillation Support - No Tails Gr…

Author: natasha
To: tails-bugs
CC: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails Instillation Support - No Tails Greeter
Hi Tails Support,

Thank you so much for the reply! Unfortunately adding nomodeset or
nomodeset xorg.driver=vesa did not work to get past the Boot Loader Menu. I
was able to use this intermediary Tails on another computer, and downloaded
the final Tails on a second USB stick. The final Tails works fine on the
other computer, but does not work on the Toshiba laptop (Satellite
M645-S4050, Windows 7-64bit). When I try to run the finals Tails, I am not
even able to get to the Boot Loader Menu, it just crashes out of the Boot
Menu with a message: "USB failed to start". I've tried with a Kingston
DataTraveler 2.0 8GB USB and SanDisk Cruzer U 16GB.

I have also tried downloading Tails 3.12~rc1, and followed the instillation
guide with the .img file. Unfortunately, this also has the same error where
the Boot Loader Menu fails to start.

I have also looked through the troubleshooting suggestions for when Tails
does not start. Fast boot is disabled, but I do not have any options to
enable Legacy mode, disable secure boot, enable DSM boot or disable UEFI. I
have tried to look for support for the BIOS in manufacturer's
documentation, but I haven't been able to find anything useful. I have also
checked that my BIOS is up to date.

Thanks again for any help,

Natasha