Re: [Tails-testers] tested usb direct version

Author: T
To: segfault
CC: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] tested usb direct version
O.K., I was running a debian mint, so unsure if I should follow the deb
or the mint instructions.
    With the deb, it hung "forever", did not update cache after adding
software source, for like 15 minutes (tails 3.12 took 3 .5 min to
download here)..    so I quit it...    I loaded tails 3.12 with the deb
usb image writer instead, that started this dell xps 13 v9343, but (of
course) would not create a persistent partition.   it used 1.2 gb for
the system.    Now I try a straight ubuntu version of mint and...  same
problem, no cache update after adding PPA.   like 20 min. wait !
    I first went to my mac, but the instal process there is more of a
PITA, so I skipped over to this dell/mint.   The listed mac options were
to clone from another tails, burn a dvd, or command line.
I will go try command line style and write back again soon (I have no
windoze machine at this moment, tho I might soon be putting windoze back
on this dell to sell it...

BTW, I recommend setting the default start-up volume "OFF" in the tails
installations, thanks for all you do !
    =)