[Tails-testers] tested usb direct version

Author: T
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] tested usb direct version
Well, I tried the usb-direct beta image on a dell xps 13" v9343
   I found that it did not work, I looked at the suggestion (below) ...
Not applicable as the boot attempt gave me "selected boot device failed.
"
    I could not make any change to the system at that point, I did try
both legacy and uefi, neither worked
I have an old lenovo thinkpad T61, it worked on it, I have a macbookpro
from mid 2015, it worked.
    I tryed several loaders, etcher (the new version linked on tails page
comes with an advertisement, unlike the older version I already had), I
also tried linux disks restore (first time I found disks to be better
than gParted!)
     they all worked to boot the lenovo, but none worked to boot the dell
Also, 2 other mysteries.   the partition size was usually 8.6gb (thanks
for expanding that !!), but a couple tryes yielded a 1.2 gb partition
for the tails system, secondarily, one of my attempts gave me a fully
functioning tails 3.7 stick, which is weird as I have no .iso or .dmg of
3.7, have not run that version for at least half a year, and the stick I
used to create it had recently been upgraded from 3.8 to 3.11  ...
maybe it had traces of previous 3.7 on it somehow??    real mystery!!