Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-testers 3.9 rc-1] Serious Video p…

Author: intrigeri
To: carlos, tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-testers 3.9 rc-1] Serious Video player issues
Hi Carlos,

carlos:
> video playback:

> on youtube and archive.org the video playback was good, but I did a
> couple of tests with an avi and ogv files with totem player that were
> unable to reproduce

> amnesia@amnesia:~/Tor Browser$ totem Berta\ no\ murio\ se\ multiplico.ogv
> libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
> libGL error: Version 4 or later of flush extension not found
> libGL error: failed to load driver: i915
> libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
> libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
> libGL error: Version 4 or later of flush extension not found
> libGL error: failed to load driver: i915
> libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information

Just a hunch, but I'm starting to suspect the upgraded libdrm (or
a friend of theirs) needs to access files that are not covered by the
AppArmor policy shipped in Debian Stretch.

Could you please, after reproducing the error:

- either send a WhisperBack report, asking our help desk to forward
it to me
- or run the following command and send me the output:

    sudo journalctl | grep DENIED

> 1535302616 WARNING torsocks[5561]: [syscall] Unsupported syscall number
> 319. Denying the call (in tsocks_syscall() at syscall.c:488)
> shared memfd open() failed: Función no implementada

Can you please retry using /usr/bin/totem instead of just "totem"
(which is wrapped by torsocks, that might cause trouble)?

Thanks in advance!