[Tails-testers] Test 3.9~rc1

Author: flowa
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Test 3.9~rc1
Hi,
here are my results:

Veracrypt:
- Tried to open a 4 GB Veracrypt partition from a separate USB-Stick (created with Windows).

I unlocked the drive via "Unlock Veracrypt Volumes", via "Disks" or via "Files", all lead to the same results. After entering the VC password, an error message appears: Error waiting for cleartext object after unlocking /dev/sdh.
Meanwhile, a new Block Device shows up in Disks, named e.g. /dev/mapper/tcrypt-2160.
When I mount this new device via Disks, the admin password is requesteds. After that it actually works.
For everyday use, this seems a little bit complicated to me. Is there a way to do it in a single step? It also requires that a admin password was introduced during boot.

- Tried to use a 250 MB Veracrypt file container, created with Windows and located on Persistent storage. Leads to same results as with the encrypted partition above.

- The flag "Hidden volume" in program "Unlock Veracrypt Volumes" has no effect. I successfully opened a hidden volume when I unlocked with Disks instead.

Tor Browser:
- Click on onion icon doesn't show Tor circuit anymore
- Click on onion icon/menu "Check for Tor Browser Update" has no effect
- Tor Browser sends user agent string to web server "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0". In contrast to Tails 3.8, that reports a Windows computer: "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0"

Libre Office:
- Writer and Calc work

Multimedia:
- Playing videos (MP4, MKV) or audios (MP3) with "Videos" plays audio for about 10 seconds and then stops. No video visible. Computer freezes during that time.
- Playing audios with "Audacity" works.

Cheers
flowa

flowa@???