Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-testers 3.9 rc-1] Serios Video pl…

Author: alienpup
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-testers 3.9 rc-1] Serios Video player issues
intrigeri wrote:

> Hi alienpup,
>
> alienpup:
> > I'm experiencing serious problems with the "Videos" application in
> > 3.9 rc-1 on two platforms available to me for testing. On both
> > platforms, the app fails to render both local video files and video
> > on commercial DVDs.
>
> > When a file or disk is selected in the file manager for playback,
> > the video app starts in the usual manner. It appears in the top
> > status bar with a busy indicator. In either case, audio playback
> > begins normally, but video does not. Most of the time the video
> > app's "screen" never appears at all, and within 30-60 seconds of
> > audio playback,the video app closes. It can be restarted, but the
> > results are identical.
>
> Thanks a lot for this report!
>
> I'll prepare (at least) one test ISO that reverts some of the likely
> changes by the end of the month. Can I count on you for testing it on
> these two laptops?

Yes, I look forward to it.

> FTR I'm tracking this regression on
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/15821

Thanks.

FYI, two additional data points.

- 3.9 rc-1 corrects the full brightness at boot issue experienced on the T410 post 3.6. \0/

- The HP Pavilion suffers from the full brightness at boot issue under both 3.8 and 3.9 rc-1.

Symptoms on the HP differ from the Lenovo in that on the latter, changing the brightness setting by just 1 step (higher or lower) reset brightness to nominal. On the HP, the brightness must be incrementally "stepped down from full" in the conventional fashion.

regards,
alienpup