Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm

Autore: Soul Null
To: tails-testers@boum.org
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm
And the spam continues, but at least we're making progress. Anyways, I assumed wrong. Blacklisting nouveau by itself does not initiate modesetting driver. Both parameters need to be set for it to boot with "full" graphics support in this situation. I hope this is helpful in potentially fixing this problem for others as well, and I really do appreciate your help. Never would have figured out the live-config modesetting trick on my own.22.08.2018, 13:38, "intrigeri" <intrigeri@???>:Hi,Soul Null: Submitted a whisperback under 3.9-rc1 with modeset=0 enabled.Thanks. I also tried the live-config.xorg.driver=modesetting and it produced the same result unfortunately.Too bad! Also, re: testing to make sure it's not my method of reloading the module, the problem is I can't set a password when loading in modeset=1 because I can't get to the greeter to set a password.Set rootpw=$PASSWORD on the kernel command line. It gives youa root password. A very unsafe one as anyone can read it from/proc/cmdline, but very handy in this kind of situations :)Cheers,-- intrigeri