Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm

Autore: Soul Null
To: tails-testers@boum.org
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm
Submitted a whisperback under 3.9-rc1 with modeset=0 enabled. I also tried the live-config.xorg.driver=modesetting and it produced the same result unfortunately. Also, re: testing to make sure it's not my method of reloading the module, the problem is I can't set a password when loading in modeset=1 because I can't get to the greeter to set a password. I don't have a default password for amnesia to log in without doing the 'boot to greeter, set password, stop gdm, kill x' method. But for the sake of completeness, I'll boot right now in modeset=0, do the reload method I was using sans reloading as modeset=1 to see if leaving the modeset alone and restarting x with the same parameters produces any errors. I'll report back and issue an apology for poor test methods if my method is flawed... But if it works, then this should (hopefully) be the only email in your inbox from me.22.08.2018, 12:16, "intrigeri" <intrigeri@???>:Soul Null: Okay, set modest as 0, logged in and set a password, killed x, removed and reloaded nouveau driver with modeset=1. Dmesg spits out a lot of related data (I can pipe it to a text file and send it if you wantYes, please give me more data about the various failure modes on3.9~rc1. But preferably by setting the modeset parameter on thekernel command line rather than killing X etc. :) Nouveau loads with modeset 1, the terminal fonts/resolution changes so fb clearly loads as intended, but x fails to load. The only errors of note in the xorg log relates to "failed to open drm device for pci:0000:07:00.0: -19" and /Dev/dri/card0 not found.I see exactly the same error message on your logs from Tails 3.8.But on Tails 3.8 I see that X.Org falls back to the modesettingdriver and I think that's why it kind of works there.What if you add this option on the kernel command line on 3.9~rc1:  live-config.xorg-driver=modesetting? this unfortunately looks more and more like a nouveau bug and probably not something that's going to be fixed on your end.Agreed.Cheers,-- intrigeri