Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm

Autore: Soul Null
To: tails-testers@boum.org
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm
I'm not sure why I ask questions only to research and try them out for myself afterwards, so I do apologize for that.... But good news! Blacklisting nouveau and setting the live-config parameter did the trick, I'm back to being able to do 1080p@120hz. My full grub append islive-config.xorg-driver=modesetting rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau A bit harder to remember than nouveau.modeset=0, but I'll just write it down or something. It's possible/probable that just blacklisting nouveau would work too. I'll try it and report back if it doesn't (because I kinda assume it will)... But I was just so damn excited it worked that I had to shoot out this email.22.08.2018, 13:38, "intrigeri" <intrigeri@???>:Hi,Soul Null: Submitted a whisperback under 3.9-rc1 with modeset=0 enabled.Thanks. I also tried the live-config.xorg.driver=modesetting and it produced the same result unfortunately.Too bad! Also, re: testing to make sure it's not my method of reloading the module, the problem is I can't set a password when loading in modeset=1 because I can't get to the greeter to set a password.Set rootpw=$PASSWORD on the kernel command line. It gives youa root password. A very unsafe one as anyone can read it from/proc/cmdline, but very handy in this kind of situations :)Cheers,-- intrigeri