Re: [Tails-dev] On re-entry of I2P into Tails

Author: Masayuki Hatta
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] On re-entry of I2P into Tails
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

2018年8月13日(月) 23:46 intrigeri <intrigeri@???>:

> > 1. Git(Lab) work flow

> Better fork a topic branch off our current devel one e.g.:
>
> git checkout -b feature/12264-reintroduce-i2p upstream/devel && \
> git branch --set-upstream-to=origin/feature/12264-reintroduce-i2p
>
> And then $EDITOR, `git add -p`, commit and push :)

I'm still a bit confused. The second command gives me something like:

$ git branch --set-upstream-to=origin/feature/12264-reintroduce-i2p
error: the requested upstream branch
'origin/feature/12264-reintroduce-i2p' does not exist
hint:
hint: If you are planning on basing your work on an upstream
hint: branch that already exists at the remote, you may need to
hint: run "git fetch" to retrieve it.
hint:
hint: If you are planning to push out a new local branch that
hint: will track its remote counterpart, you may want to use
hint: "git push -u" to set the upstream config as you push.

I guess "git push -u origin" might fix this, is this correct?

Also, I'm not sure how I can sync my local (topic) branch with the
upstream (the original Tails repo, not my forked one) devel branch.
Does "git fetch upstream" in the topic branch do the trick?

Best regards,
MH

--
Masayuki Hatta
Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics and Management, Surugadai

http://about.me/mhatta

mhatta@??? / mhatta@??? / mhatta@??? /
hatta.masayuki@???