Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: upgraded graphics stac…

Author: Kerry Randhawa
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: upgraded graphics stack and nouveau driver
Hi there,

Here are my results for 3.7.1 and experimental ISO
tails-amd64-bugfix_15116-newer-nouveau-xorg-driver-3.9-20180617T0442Z-dd62b205fa+devel@???

3.7.1 - no arguments - hung during boot
3.7.1 - nouveau.modeset=0 - successful boot
3.7.3 - nouveau.noaccel=1 - hung during boot

Experimental - no arguments - 96.036006 watchdog BUG: soft lockup CPU#0
stuck for 23s! lspci:1127
Experimental - nouveau.modeset=0 - successful boot
Experimental - nouveau.noaccel=1 - 96.044008 watchdog BUG: soft lockup
CPU#6 stuck for 22s! lspci:1126

lspci output using Linux Mint: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]:
Intel Corporation Skylake Integrated Graphics [8086:191b] (rev 06)
lspci output using Tails 3.7.1: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller
[0300]: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 530 [8086:191b] (rev 06)

I hope this helps,

Kerry