[Tails-testers] Additional Software feature Beta

Autore: Jean-Marie HURAND
To: tails-testers
Oggetto: [Tails-testers] Additional Software feature Beta
Bonjour,

Sorry for my bad english ! I just hope you can understand !!

I am a new beginner on Tails and Linux, coming from Windows.

1) For me, "Additional Software feature Beta" runs very good.
2) I installed VLC and Skrooge (accounts software) from Synaptic : easy.
3) Installation is automatic on each boot : very nice.

    BUT : on each boot, just come the default parameters of the
software. Preferences are lost. Shame !
HOW TO SAVE PREFERENCES ?

4) I can check my list of additional softwares in Applications/Tails or
Tools
    system/Additional Softaware : very simple.
5) I can stop installing software of my choice every time I start Tails
by one clic in the
    list : very practice.

> Are there any notifications that are not clear?

Yes :
> Configure if you want this package to be installed automatically on each boot.

May be it will be good to explain : "in the end of software
installation, a notification appears on screen's top (where there is the
date). Then you choose automatic installation on each boot, or not.

> How would you check your list of additional software?

Explain : go to Applications/Tails or Tools system/Additional Softaware.

> How would you stop installing Mumble every time you start Tails?

Explain : in the list, clic on the cross beside the software's name.

> Did you run into technical issues?

No. Just a few time to find how to see the list and to disabble
automatic installation on
each boot.

> Were you able to to modify the installation details as asked in the last question?

Yes, as above.

> Do you have ideas on packages that we should propose to Tails users for installation?

I should wish for :
- A dictionary like "Lingoes for Windows" (multiple languages),
- A mail notifier like "MagicMail Monitor for Windows" (possibility to
pre-display or to delete from the POP or IMAP Server, without
Thunderbird is running),

> Additional Software gets opened multiple times

I cofirm : twice or three times.

Thank you very much for this innovation and congratulations for your work.
I find Tails fantastic. I am going to donate for a new time.

Cordialement à toute l'équipe,
Jean-Marie Hurand