Re: [Tails-l10n] (pull)[de] weblate updates

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-l10n
New-Topics: [Tails-l10n] nice merge howto
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (pull)[de] weblate updates
emma peel:
> intrigeri:
>> emma peel:
> ¡>> in https://git-tails.immerda.ch/emmapeel/tails
>>
>>> branch: weblate_german_updates
>>
>> Does this include the work spriver did on her branch, based on your
>> previous one?

> yes, it is spriver branch squashed on top of current master (with check_po)

OK, thanks. I've merged your branch but in the future:

- Please don't squash a bunch of atomic commits, each with proper
commit messages, and that are about unrelated things, into a single
big one: it makes it harder to understand why a given change was
made, it drops authorship info, and it makes it hard to track what
has been reviewed by whom (I can tell which commit Muri reviewed
but I have no idea what's been reviewed in the new branch you've
submitted).

- Please ensure your commit messages reflect what the commit is
about. In this case, commit ec06787 does much more than "fixing
conflicts for branch after many updates" as it combines:

    1. your original "weblate updates German"
    2. a bunch of translation improvements done by spriver
    3. your conflict resolution

… while the commit message suggests it does only #3.
Perhaps you're using some Git expert feature a bit
over-enthusiastically? :)

Thanks in advance and thanks for your work!