Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.6~rc1 issue: Administrator passw…

Autore: sajolida
To: hj.berkendyke, Tails list for early testers
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.6~rc1 issue: Administrator password set, session auto-locks - unable to unlock
hj.berkendyke@???:
> Hello Tails team!

Hi!

> Thank you for your great work and equally great system! Testing Tails 3.6~rc1, I came across an issue I didn't find in Redmine and the list of known issues.

Thanks for doing the search. The screen locker is a new feature, that's
why we don't really have bug reports about it yet :)

> Issue:
> Since Tails 3.6~rc1, the Gnome session automatically locks after the default timeout. This requires one to perform some action to unlock the session. In case an Administrator password has been set using tails-greeter, one seems unable to unlock the session - keeping the session locked until the system is powered down or rebooted.
>
> Expected:
> Being able to unlock the session by either:
> - using the Administrator password set using tails-greeter, or
> - without any password.
>
> To reproduce:
> - boot Tails 3.6~rc1
> - using tails-greeter, set an Administrator password
> - wait until the session gets locked automatically
> - attempt to unlock using either the set password, or no password.

I've been using 3.6~rc1, the screen locker and the automatic locking of
the screen since yesterday and I can reliably unlock it using my
administration password. So I would say that it works for me.

Did you try several times and could never unlock the screen using your
administration password?