Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.6~rc1 issue: Administrator passw…

Autore: bertagaz
To: hj.berkendyke, Tails list for early testers
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.6~rc1 issue: Administrator password set, session auto-locks - unable to unlock
Hi,

On Sun, Mar 04, 2018 at 06:54:50AM -0500, hj.berkendyke@??? wrote:
> Hello Tails team!
>
> Thank you for your great work and equally great system! Testing Tails 3.6~rc1, I came across an issue I didn't find in Redmine and the list of known issues.

Thanks for your words and your report.

> Issue:
> Since Tails 3.6~rc1, the Gnome session automatically locks after the default timeout. This requires one to perform some action to unlock the session. In case an Administrator password has been set using tails-greeter, one seems unable to unlock the session - keeping the session locked until the system is powered down or rebooted.

The screen locker is a new feature, and the administration password set
in the Tails greeter is supposed to be able to unlock it. At least in
the tests we made it works. May you send us a Whisperback report next
time you stumble on that issue please?

See
https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/bug_reporting/index.en.html#index3h1

Thanks!