[Tails-testers] Tails 3.6~rc1 issue: Administrator password …

Autore: hj.berkendyke
To: tails-testers@boum.org
Oggetto: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.6~rc1 issue: Administrator password set, session auto-locks - unable to unlock
Hello Tails team!

Thank you for your great work and equally great system! Testing Tails 3.6~rc1, I came across an issue I didn't find in Redmine and the list of known issues.

Issue:
Since Tails 3.6~rc1, the Gnome session automatically locks after the default timeout. This requires one to perform some action to unlock the session. In case an Administrator password has been set using tails-greeter, one seems unable to unlock the session - keeping the session locked until the system is powered down or rebooted.

Expected:
Being able to unlock the session by either:
- using the Administrator password set using tails-greeter, or
- without any password.

To reproduce:
- boot Tails 3.6~rc1
- using tails-greeter, set an Administrator password
- wait until the session gets locked automatically
- attempt to unlock using either the set password, or no password.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

H.J.