Re: [Tails-dev] Searching documents in an airgap Tails

Author: DrWhax
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Searching documents in an airgap Tails
Hi,

Is Tracker something that would actually be useful for journalists? Do
you know of any case studies where it has proved useful?

I think it's probably more useful to have a discuss ticket how to cater
the needs of journalists better, than integrating something that might
not be useful.

What do you think?

Best,

Loic Dachary:
> Hi,
>
> Do tails developers advise me to:
>
> a) create a feature request at https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues/new for the inclusion of tracker[1] in Tails and continue the discussion there
>
> b) keep discussing the general problem on this list instead of going for a tentative improvement (including tracker) even before there is positive feedback to go in this direction
>
> Please forgive me if that's a newbie question, still learning the best way to communicate :-)
>
> Cheers
>
> [1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Tracker

<snip>