Re: [Tails-dev] Searching documents in an airgap Tails

Author: Loic Dachary
To: DrWhax, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Searching documents in an airgap Tails
Hi!

On 01/28/2018 09:53 PM, DrWhax wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is Tracker something that would actually be useful for journalists? Do
> you know of any case studies where it has proved useful?

If you think the best course of action is to:

* Assemble a panel of journalists using airgap Tails
* Prepare a tails with nautilus + tracker integration
* Conduct a UX study to assert they need and actually use this search tool and benefit from it
* Summarize the findings of the study in a report
* Present the report to Tails developers and kindly ask if this search tool could be integrated in Tails

I'd be happy to do that. It will take a few months but it will prove that journalists actually benefit from having a full text search tool for their work.

> I think it's probably more useful to have a discuss ticket how to cater
> the needs of journalists better, than integrating something that might
> not be useful.
>
> What do you think?

Sounds like a plan :-) Would you mind giving me the URL of a good "discuss ticket" so that I can create one that will be a good introduction to this general discussion ?

Thanks for your guidance !

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre